Armstrong ran the most sophisticated and successful doping program: USADA
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Washington: US Anti-Doping Agency on Wednesday claimed that the evidences it has gathered show that Lance Armstrong was involved in the “most sophisticated” doping conspiracy in sports history to win the Tour de France seven times.
"The evidence of the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team-run scheme is overwhelming," USADA chief executive Travis T. Tygart was quoted as saying by a news agency.
"The evidence shows beyond any doubt that the US Postal Service Pro Cycling Team ran the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."
"Different categories of eyewitness, documentary, first-hand, scientific, direct and circumstantial evidence reveal conclusive and undeniable proof that brings to the light of day for the first time this systemic, sustained and highly professionalised team-run doping conspiracy," Tygart was quoted as saying.
Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and handed a life ban by the USADA after he refused to challenge the doping charges against him by the USADA arbitration panel.
Armstrong has vehemently denied any wrongdoings on his part and had given up the fight saying he wanted to devote time to his foundation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AgustaWestland chopper deal scam: CBI grills ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi, Gautam Khaitan
- Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters
- Kerala shamed again: Now, a nursing student gang-raped near Thiruvananthapuram
- This portable device can test your food for glutten in less than 2 minutes!
- Deepika Padukone shares fan videos—Watch here!