Armstrong ready to co-operate with agencies to ‘clean up cycling’
London: Lance Armstrong’s attorney, Tim Herman has claimed his client is ready to work with the doping agencies to help them clean cycling from the stigma of drugs. However, Herman said the sport`s governing body and world anti-doping officials should take the lead on that effort. Armstrong admitted last week in a televised interview with Oprah Winfrey that he took a variety of performance-enhancing drugs as he won seven Tour de France titles.
In letters sent this week between lawyers for Armstrong and the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), the agency`s attorney William Bock asked that Armstrong must testify under oath by February 6. But Armstrong`s attorney, Herman, responded that Armstrong could make that deadline and called for the cycling union and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) to take up efforts to stamp out doping. Herman wrote in his letter that the USADA has no authority to investigate, prosecute or otherwise involve itself with the other 95% of cycling competitors, adding, therefore, in order to achieve the goal of cleaning up cycling, it must be WADA and the UCI who have overall authority to do so.
The letter also said the disgraced cyclist was prepared appear before a truth and reconciliation commission to be held by the International Cycling Union (UCI). Armstrong told to Winfrey that he had used a banned cocktail of the blood-boosting agent EPO, blood transfusions and testosterone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read