Armstrong removes Tour de France titles from twitter account
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Lance Armstrong has updated his twitter account following the International Cycling Union’s Monday’s decision to strip him of his seven Tour de France titles.
The former cyclist’s profile on Twitter account formerly had the phrase “7-time Tour de France winner.’’
However, after the UCI held a press conference on Monday where it announced handing a lifetime ban to Armstrong, the 41-year-old removed the title wins from his account that now reads: “Raising my 5 kids. Fighting Cancer. Swim, bike, run and golf whenever I can.”
The former world champion has been accused of being at the centre of the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme by the US Anti-Doping Agency.
Once hailed as a great sportsperson and widely acknowledged as an inspiring figure, Armstrong has consistently maintained that the USADA system was rigged against him and that there was a ‘witch hunt’ which was putting pressure on witnesses into cooperating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation