Armstrong tops Forbes’ list of most disliked athletes
Johannesburg: Disgraced US cyclist Lance Armstrong has topped a new list by Forbes magazine of the most disliked athletes. According to the list, Armstrong narrowly passed American football player Manti Te`o, who reportedly faked the death of a fictitious girlfriend to gain appeal, to be on the top of the list, after both got only 15 percent votes in a survey.
Te`o, who got second place in Heisman Trophy voting as last season`s top player which made him a top National Football League prospect, reportedly faked the death of a fictitious girlfriend to gain sympathy. Third on the list, at 19 percent appeal, is 14-time major golf champion Tiger Woods, following an epic sex scandal that destroyed his marriage and damaged his marketing image and sponsorship deals Other sportsmen on the list are NFL Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, Alex Rodriguez of Major League Baseball`s New York Yankees, NFL Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, US stock car racer Kurt Busch, World Peace`s teammate Kobe Bryant and NFL Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video