Armstrong tops Forbes’ list of most disliked athletes
Johannesburg: Disgraced US cyclist Lance Armstrong has topped a new list by Forbes magazine of the most disliked athletes. According to the list, Armstrong narrowly passed American football player Manti Te`o, who reportedly faked the death of a fictitious girlfriend to gain appeal, to be on the top of the list, after both got only 15 percent votes in a survey.
Te`o, who got second place in Heisman Trophy voting as last season`s top player which made him a top National Football League prospect, reportedly faked the death of a fictitious girlfriend to gain sympathy. Third on the list, at 19 percent appeal, is 14-time major golf champion Tiger Woods, following an epic sex scandal that destroyed his marriage and damaged his marketing image and sponsorship deals Other sportsmen on the list are NFL Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, Alex Rodriguez of Major League Baseball`s New York Yankees, NFL Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, US stock car racer Kurt Busch, World Peace`s teammate Kobe Bryant and NFL Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme