Armstrong’s ‘banned’ doctor denies doping link
Johannesburg: Lance Armstrong`s former physician Michele Ferrari has claimed he never saw the American cyclist indulging in doping activities, and added he had no knowledge of the banned cyclist engaging in doping activities.
“I`ve never seen, I never heard something about that. He never asked me for information about doping,” Sport24 quoted Ferrari, as saying to a news channel.
In its extensive report that resulted in Armstrong being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency traced more than $1 million in payments from Armstrong to Ferrari from 1996 to 2006.
It detailed how Ferrari told Armstrong and others to dope with EPO and blood transfusions. In July, USADA banned Ferrari for life.
Ferrari added: “My relationship with some teammates of Lance Armstrong was very, very short and occasional ... There are six riders that accused me ... I didn`t have any relationship, any consulting with these guys.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you