Aronian, Anand to participate in Alekhine Memorial Tournament
Yerevan: Armenia`s World No.2 Levon Aronian and World Chess Champion Vishy Anand will take part in the Alexander Alekhine Memorial Tournament to be held jointly in Paris and St. Petersburg, Chess Federation of Armenia said on Wednesday.
The tournament will take place from April 21 to May 1. The elite of the chess world will be among the participants, including Russian GM Vladimir Kramnik, Boris Gelfand from Israel, and Chinese GM Ding Liren, among others.
The Alekhine Memorial Tournament was established earlier this year by the Chess Federation of Russia in honour of the fourth World Champion Alexander Alekhine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM