Arunachal Olympic body extends support to Randhir
New Delhi: Arunachal State Olympic Association has pledged its support to Randhir Singh for the post of Indian Olympic Association President ahead of the upcoming IOA elections.
The battle to grab power in the IOA has already intensified with the camps of Abhay Singh Chautala and present IOA Secretary General Randhir Singh, the two aspirants for the president`s post, extending their support and taking pot shots at their opponents.
"Considering your vast experience in the field of sports administration as well as a sportsman in the National and International level and your tireless endeavour for promotion of Olympic movement in the country, the Arunachal Pradesh State Olympic Association extends its full support to you in the election for the President post of the Indian Olympic Association to the held on 25th Nov 2012 and wish to confirm the same post," APSOA president Padi Richo said in a statement.
While Randhir has appealed to the members to rise above `petty politics`, the Chautala camp has been constantly reminding Randhir why he went back on his word that he will not contest elections.
The International Olympic Committee had said it will "closely monitor" the elections in the wake of its Ethics Commission barring tainted Suresh Kalmadi and his two close aides from contesting the polls.
The IOC`s decision had come just a couple of weeks before what is likely to be a closely contested fight for the top job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill