Arunachal wrestler Riba wins bronze media in Asian Cadet
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh wrestler Dada Riba won a bronze medal in 46 kg category in Asian Cadet Wrestling Championship held in Bishkek in Kazakistan during July 5-8.
He was one of the 13 wrestlers to represent India in the international event, official sources informed On Monday.
Led by four coaches, the Indian team won six medals - one gold, one silver and four bronze medals. Pune-based Army Sports Institute`s (ASI) training officer Major Rao, who had spotted Riba during a talent hunt in the state in 2010 and trained him, congratulated the young wrestler.
While lauding Riba for his consistent performance, Arunachal Wrestling Association (AWA) president Abram K Techi said that the Association would continue to hunt state`s budding talents and extend all support to them for wining glory for the state.
Riba had shone in first National Rural Tournament conducted in Kerala (January 23-26, 2009), won gold medal in National Wrestling Championship in Tamil Nadu (July 2-5, 2011) and participated in Asian Cadet Wrestling Championship (August 4- 7, 2011) and World Wrestling Championship (September 14-18, 2011).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers