Arunachalee karatekas win eight medals at Independence Cup
Itanagar: The karatekas from Arunachal Pradesh have won eight medals, including two golds, in the 9th Independence Cup Karate Championship held at Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi.
While Shibi Mugli won gold medal in junior boys below 53 kg category, Bagang Nagung won the under 63 kg junior boys` title in the tournament, held from Aug 16-18.
Rumik Baby won silver in junior girls` (16-17 years) above 48 kg category, and Tadak Godak won the bronze medal in junior boys` (16-17 years) under 55 kg weight category, officials informed.
Sobetso Kri won the bronze medal in senior kata while Charu Aroti too claimed bronze in senior girls` kumite (+68).
Rosemlu Tamblung won silver in junior girls` (14-15 years) under 47 kg category and Tayar Yaja bagged bronze in junior girls` (14-15 years) under 53 kg competition.
While congratulating the karatekas for their impressive performance, MP Takam Sanjoy said: "The 10 per cent job reservation for sportspersons announced by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki could be one of the reasons that have been encouraging the youth to take up games and sports diligently as a career."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video