Arunachalee shuttler Laa Talar to represent India
Itanagar: Arunachalee shuttler Laa Talar will represent India at Badminton Asia Championship starting Tuesday in Kudos, Indonesia.
Talar is among four Indian players selected to participate in the Boys U-17 singles in the six-day championship.
The players have been selected by the Badminton Association of India on the basis of their national ranking on September 18, the Arunachal State Badminton Association (ASBA) said in a release here on Monday.
The ASBA expressed hope that Talar would maintain his spirit and tempo to bring more laurels for India as a whole and Arunachal Pradesh in particular by winning a medal in the championship.
Talar won bronze medal in U-19 category at Wimbledon Junior International Badminton Championship held in London last month.
The team left New Delhi last night for Indonesia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested