Arunachalee shuttler Laa Talar to represent India
Itanagar: Arunachalee shuttler Laa Talar will represent India at Badminton Asia Championship starting Tuesday in Kudos, Indonesia.
Talar is among four Indian players selected to participate in the Boys U-17 singles in the six-day championship.
The players have been selected by the Badminton Association of India on the basis of their national ranking on September 18, the Arunachal State Badminton Association (ASBA) said in a release here on Monday.
The ASBA expressed hope that Talar would maintain his spirit and tempo to bring more laurels for India as a whole and Arunachal Pradesh in particular by winning a medal in the championship.
Talar won bronze medal in U-19 category at Wimbledon Junior International Badminton Championship held in London last month.
The team left New Delhi last night for Indonesia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list