Arunachalee shuttler Laa Talar to represent India
Itanagar: Arunachalee shuttler Laa Talar will represent India at Badminton Asia Championship starting Tuesday in Kudos, Indonesia.
Talar is among four Indian players selected to participate in the Boys U-17 singles in the six-day championship.
The players have been selected by the Badminton Association of India on the basis of their national ranking on September 18, the Arunachal State Badminton Association (ASBA) said in a release here on Monday.
The ASBA expressed hope that Talar would maintain his spirit and tempo to bring more laurels for India as a whole and Arunachal Pradesh in particular by winning a medal in the championship.
Talar won bronze medal in U-19 category at Wimbledon Junior International Badminton Championship held in London last month.
The team left New Delhi last night for Indonesia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez