Arunachalee shuttler selected for World Jr Badminton C`ships
Itanagar: Laa Tallar of Arunachal Pradesh has been selected in the Indian junior team to participate in the World Cup U-19 Badminton championship to be held at Alore Setar, Malaysia from April 7.
India`s no three, Tallar would participate in the 12-day event along with 16 other players from the country, Joint Secretary of Arunachal Badminton Association Bamang Tago said here today.
The total Indian contingent includes nine boys and eight girls who would participate in both singles and doubles events, Tago said in a statement.
Earlier, Tallar represented India in six prestigious international badminton championships organised by Badminton World Federation (BWF).
Tallar, who is currently appearing for his Class XII board examination, has decided to skip it and leave Itanagar on March 13 to join the Indian team to attend the intensive coaching camp at BBD U P Badminton Academy, Tago added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'