Arunachalee shuttler selected for World Jr Badminton C`ships
Itanagar: Laa Tallar of Arunachal Pradesh has been selected in the Indian junior team to participate in the World Cup U-19 Badminton championship to be held at Alore Setar, Malaysia from April 7.
India`s no three, Tallar would participate in the 12-day event along with 16 other players from the country, Joint Secretary of Arunachal Badminton Association Bamang Tago said here today.
The total Indian contingent includes nine boys and eight girls who would participate in both singles and doubles events, Tago said in a statement.
Earlier, Tallar represented India in six prestigious international badminton championships organised by Badminton World Federation (BWF).
Tallar, who is currently appearing for his Class XII board examination, has decided to skip it and leave Itanagar on March 13 to join the Indian team to attend the intensive coaching camp at BBD U P Badminton Academy, Tago added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing