Arunachalee shuttler selected for World Jr Badminton C`ships
Itanagar: Laa Tallar of Arunachal Pradesh has been selected in the Indian junior team to participate in the World Cup U-19 Badminton championship to be held at Alore Setar, Malaysia from April 7.
India`s no three, Tallar would participate in the 12-day event along with 16 other players from the country, Joint Secretary of Arunachal Badminton Association Bamang Tago said here today.
The total Indian contingent includes nine boys and eight girls who would participate in both singles and doubles events, Tago said in a statement.
Earlier, Tallar represented India in six prestigious international badminton championships organised by Badminton World Federation (BWF).
Tallar, who is currently appearing for his Class XII board examination, has decided to skip it and leave Itanagar on March 13 to join the Indian team to attend the intensive coaching camp at BBD U P Badminton Academy, Tago added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details