Arvind Bhat reaches round 3 of Dutch Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Arvind Bhat notched up a come-from-behind victory over Hsu Jui Ting of Chinese Taipei to move into the third round of the men`s singles competition in Dutch Open in Almere, The Netherlands.
The 15th seed former national champion lost the first game 22-24 in a close fight despite starting off well. However, that did not deter the 34-year-old Indian as he quickly made amends to his game and bagged the next one 21-13.
Bhat, who got a first round bye, followed it up with a 21-19 scoreline in the final game, to clinch the second round tie that lasted little over an hour.
He will take on Gabriel Ulldahl of Sweden later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...