Arvind Bhat reaches round 3 of Dutch Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Arvind Bhat notched up a come-from-behind victory over Hsu Jui Ting of Chinese Taipei to move into the third round of the men`s singles competition in Dutch Open in Almere, The Netherlands.
The 15th seed former national champion lost the first game 22-24 in a close fight despite starting off well. However, that did not deter the 34-year-old Indian as he quickly made amends to his game and bagged the next one 21-13.
Bhat, who got a first round bye, followed it up with a 21-19 scoreline in the final game, to clinch the second round tie that lasted little over an hour.
He will take on Gabriel Ulldahl of Sweden later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss