Arvind crashes out of Dutch Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Arvind Bhat suffered a straight-game defeat at the hands of Nan Wei of Hong Kong in the quarterfinals of the Dutch Open to crash out of the Grand Prix event in Almere, The Netherlands on Friday.
The 15th seeded Indian lost 8-21 12-21 to Wei in a less than a 30-minute men`s singles match.
Arvind could not put up a fight in the first game as Wei opened up a 7-0 lead early on and then kept extending his lead to earn the bragging rights.
In the second game, Arvind tried to put up a fight but after 4-4, Wei once again moved ahead to eventually wrap up the match comfortably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today