Arvind crashes out of Dutch Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Arvind Bhat suffered a straight-game defeat at the hands of Nan Wei of Hong Kong in the quarterfinals of the Dutch Open to crash out of the Grand Prix event in Almere, The Netherlands on Friday.
The 15th seeded Indian lost 8-21 12-21 to Wei in a less than a 30-minute men`s singles match.
Arvind could not put up a fight in the first game as Wei opened up a 7-0 lead early on and then kept extending his lead to earn the bragging rights.
In the second game, Arvind tried to put up a fight but after 4-4, Wei once again moved ahead to eventually wrap up the match comfortably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family
- Mother, nine-month-old toddler found dead in Gurgaon, dowry death suspected
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati