Arvind crashes out of Dutch Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Arvind Bhat suffered a straight-game defeat at the hands of Nan Wei of Hong Kong in the quarterfinals of the Dutch Open to crash out of the Grand Prix event in Almere, The Netherlands on Friday.
The 15th seeded Indian lost 8-21 12-21 to Wei in a less than a 30-minute men`s singles match.
Arvind could not put up a fight in the first game as Wei opened up a 7-0 lead early on and then kept extending his lead to earn the bragging rights.
In the second game, Arvind tried to put up a fight but after 4-4, Wei once again moved ahead to eventually wrap up the match comfortably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock