Arvind crashes out of Dutch Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Arvind Bhat suffered a straight-game defeat at the hands of Nan Wei of Hong Kong in the quarterfinals of the Dutch Open to crash out of the Grand Prix event in Almere, The Netherlands on Friday.
The 15th seeded Indian lost 8-21 12-21 to Wei in a less than a 30-minute men`s singles match.
Arvind could not put up a fight in the first game as Wei opened up a 7-0 lead early on and then kept extending his lead to earn the bragging rights.
In the second game, Arvind tried to put up a fight but after 4-4, Wei once again moved ahead to eventually wrap up the match comfortably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur