Arvind crashes out of Dutch Open
New Delhi: Indian shuttler Arvind Bhat suffered a straight-game defeat at the hands of Nan Wei of Hong Kong in the quarterfinals of the Dutch Open to crash out of the Grand Prix event in Almere, The Netherlands on Friday.
The 15th seeded Indian lost 8-21 12-21 to Wei in a less than a 30-minute men`s singles match.
Arvind could not put up a fight in the first game as Wei opened up a 7-0 lead early on and then kept extending his lead to earn the bragging rights.
In the second game, Arvind tried to put up a fight but after 4-4, Wei once again moved ahead to eventually wrap up the match comfortably.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country