Ashish Kumar, Deepika Kumari awarded
Mumbai: Gymnast Ashish Kumar and archer Deepika Kumari were named as the Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year respectively at `Spirit of Sporting Awards` presented during the second edition of the India International Sports Summit (IISS) here.
Ashish had won India`s first Commonwealth Games medal in gymnastics last year by bagging a silver in the Men`s vault, and followed it up with a bronze in Men`s floor.
Deepika had won two gold medals in the Delhi Games in the individual recurve and team recurve categories.
Bhiwani Boxing Club was awarded as the Sports Academy of the Year. Among the states, Haryana received Sports State of the Year award.
Shiva Thapa (Boxing) and Dronavalli Harika (Chess) were awarded in the Breakthrough of the Year category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?