Ashish Kumar, Deepika Kumari awarded
Mumbai: Gymnast Ashish Kumar and archer Deepika Kumari were named as the Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year respectively at `Spirit of Sporting Awards` presented during the second edition of the India International Sports Summit (IISS) here.
Ashish had won India`s first Commonwealth Games medal in gymnastics last year by bagging a silver in the Men`s vault, and followed it up with a bronze in Men`s floor.
Deepika had won two gold medals in the Delhi Games in the individual recurve and team recurve categories.
Bhiwani Boxing Club was awarded as the Sports Academy of the Year. Among the states, Haryana received Sports State of the Year award.
Shiva Thapa (Boxing) and Dronavalli Harika (Chess) were awarded in the Breakthrough of the Year category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police