Ashish Kumar, Deepika Kumari awarded
Mumbai: Gymnast Ashish Kumar and archer Deepika Kumari were named as the Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year respectively at `Spirit of Sporting Awards` presented during the second edition of the India International Sports Summit (IISS) here.
Ashish had won India`s first Commonwealth Games medal in gymnastics last year by bagging a silver in the Men`s vault, and followed it up with a bronze in Men`s floor.
Deepika had won two gold medals in the Delhi Games in the individual recurve and team recurve categories.
Bhiwani Boxing Club was awarded as the Sports Academy of the Year. Among the states, Haryana received Sports State of the Year award.
Shiva Thapa (Boxing) and Dronavalli Harika (Chess) were awarded in the Breakthrough of the Year category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen