Asian Billiards events postponed due to visa issues
Chandigarh: Three continental cue sport events, including Asian Billiards Championships, scheduled to be held here from April 4 to 14 have been postponed due to visa-related issues, the organisers said today.
The city was to host 13th Asian Billiards Championships and 15th Asian U-21 Snooker Championships from April 4-10, to be followed by the Asian Grand Prix, a World Billiards ranking event, from April 9-14, but all the three tournaments will now be held at a later date.
"Due to forthcoming elections and time constraints, which did not permit us to ensure visas to players, in time for all participating countries, BSFI regretfully announces the postponement of Asian Under 21 Snooker and Asian Billiards and the Asian Grand Prix scheduled to be held at Chandigarh from 4th to 14th April," a release from the Billiards and Snooker Federation of India said.
"Fresh dates will be announced by April end," BSFI Secretary S Balasubramaniam said in the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III