Asian Billiards events postponed due to visa issues
Chandigarh: Three continental cue sport events, including Asian Billiards Championships, scheduled to be held here from April 4 to 14 have been postponed due to visa-related issues, the organisers said today.
The city was to host 13th Asian Billiards Championships and 15th Asian U-21 Snooker Championships from April 4-10, to be followed by the Asian Grand Prix, a World Billiards ranking event, from April 9-14, but all the three tournaments will now be held at a later date.
"Due to forthcoming elections and time constraints, which did not permit us to ensure visas to players, in time for all participating countries, BSFI regretfully announces the postponement of Asian Under 21 Snooker and Asian Billiards and the Asian Grand Prix scheduled to be held at Chandigarh from 4th to 14th April," a release from the Billiards and Snooker Federation of India said.
"Fresh dates will be announced by April end," BSFI Secretary S Balasubramaniam said in the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state