Asian Champion Trophy: India beat Japan for second win
Doha: VR Raghunath`s brace helped India beat Japan 3-1 giving them their second win in the Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament here Friday.
India earned their first penalty corner in the 22nd minute with the help of Birendra Lakra and Gurvinder Singh Chandi, which was successfully converted by vice-captain Raghunath.
Japan earned two consecutive penalty corners in the first half but Indian defenders thwarted both.
In the second half, the Japanese equalised in the 50th minute through a penalty corner. However, their happiness was shortlived as Gurvinder Singh Chandi scored a minute later to once again give India the lead.
India dominated the proceedings thereafter and finally finished the game through full-back Raghunath, who scored again via a penalty corner.
India will next face Oman Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees