Asian Champion Trophy: India beat Japan for second win
Doha: VR Raghunath`s brace helped India beat Japan 3-1 giving them their second win in the Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament here Friday.
India earned their first penalty corner in the 22nd minute with the help of Birendra Lakra and Gurvinder Singh Chandi, which was successfully converted by vice-captain Raghunath.
Japan earned two consecutive penalty corners in the first half but Indian defenders thwarted both.
In the second half, the Japanese equalised in the 50th minute through a penalty corner. However, their happiness was shortlived as Gurvinder Singh Chandi scored a minute later to once again give India the lead.
India dominated the proceedings thereafter and finally finished the game through full-back Raghunath, who scored again via a penalty corner.
India will next face Oman Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bangladesh upholds death sentence for top Islamist
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics