Asian Volleyball: India outclass Australia
Hanoi: India defeated Australia in straight sets 25-18, 25-22, 25-23 in the 3rd Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC) Cup for men in Vietnam`s Vinh Phuc province, reports Xinhua.
India opened their Group B encounter on a quick pace for the first set victory Saturday.
Experienced Indian players outperformed young Australian rivals and won the second set 25-22.
In the third set, Indian players seemed to lose their focus and once lagged behind by four points. However, India rallied back and took the set 25-23.
Meanwhile in Group A, South Korea lost to Japan in three straight sets 25-19, 25-22, 25-23.
The 3rd AVC Cup for men`s volleyball is being held Sep 1-7 in Vinh Phuc, some 40 km north of capital Hanoi, with eight teams taking part in two groups.
Group A includes Vietnam, South Korea, Japan and Myanmar. Group B comprise China, Australia, India and Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed