Asian Volleyball: India outclass Australia
Hanoi: India defeated Australia in straight sets 25-18, 25-22, 25-23 in the 3rd Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC) Cup for men in Vietnam`s Vinh Phuc province, reports Xinhua.
India opened their Group B encounter on a quick pace for the first set victory Saturday.
Experienced Indian players outperformed young Australian rivals and won the second set 25-22.
In the third set, Indian players seemed to lose their focus and once lagged behind by four points. However, India rallied back and took the set 25-23.
Meanwhile in Group A, South Korea lost to Japan in three straight sets 25-19, 25-22, 25-23.
The 3rd AVC Cup for men`s volleyball is being held Sep 1-7 in Vinh Phuc, some 40 km north of capital Hanoi, with eight teams taking part in two groups.
Group A includes Vietnam, South Korea, Japan and Myanmar. Group B comprise China, Australia, India and Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh