Aslam pained over shabby treatment towards former hock players
Bhopal: Former Hockey Olympian Aslam Sher
Khan said here on Sunday that he was willing to lead a protest
against the shabby manner in which former Hockey greats were
being treated for the upcoming World Cup.
"I am extremely pained that many hockey players who
had in the past, helped the country win medals at various
levels, were being denied passes for the World Cup and they
would have to pay money to buy tickets for watching these
matches," Aslam told reporters.
He said he had however got the World Cup passes as he
was a member of the Indian Hockey team that had won the World
Cup in 1975 in Kuala Lampur.
"As the World Cup is sponsored by Hero Honda, the
family members of those working with the company are getting
free passes," Aslam said adding a similar facility is being
extended to family members of office-bearers of the Indian
He said that no one can imagine hockey in India
without remembering the contribution of India`s former great
"There was a strong need to honour those people who
had brought glory to the country from the Asiad to the World
Cup and Olympic," Aslam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested