Assam lifter sets 3 junior national records
Guwahati: Md. Jameer Hussain of Assam shattered three national junior records en route to sweeping the three gold on offer in the men`s 94kg category on the concluding day of the 50th Men & 26th Women Junior National Weightlifting Championships here on Sunday.
Hussain lifted 140kg in snatch, 178kg in clean and jerk for a total of 318kg to bag all the three gold. The earlier records in snatch (138kg)and total lift (310kg) stood in the name of Parveen while Hussain himself held the earlier record of 175kg in clean and jerk.
In junior men`s +105kg category, Vinay Chauhan of Haryana won all the three gold in snatch (137kg), clean and jerk (150kg) and total lift (287kg).
Maharashtra won the men`s team winner`s trophy after collecting 692 points while Andhra Pradesh finished second with 597 points.
Punjab won the women`s team trophy after securing 684 points while Orissa got the second spot with 606 points.
Kojum Taba of Arunachal Pradesh was adjudged the best lifter among men with 390.5 sinclair points while Saikhom Mirabai of Manipur bagged the best lifter among women with 288.88 sinclair points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III