Assamese boxer creates new record of 329 punches in one minute
Guwhati: Assamese boxer Abhijit Baruah, 23, who is already a world record holder, has created another record – throwing 329 punches in one minute.
This current Guinness World Record holder from Assam, achieved his new world record recently in front of thousands of cheering fans.
He will now be performing in London in December in front of observers from the Guinness World Records.
“I feel good as it is my second record, and the first in Boxing. I always wanted to participate in boxing at the Olympics. In the past few months, I have been training in Guwahati and Kolkata. After this, I will be performing in London for two events and then will make my way to Olympics to win a medal there. I want the support and good wishes of the people of Assam,” said Baruah.
Baruah practiced eight to ten hours daily for this record and his attempt was closely monitored by the people from Asia Book and India Book of Records.
Both have recognized Abhijit as the boxer with fastest hand speed in the world.
He will be featuring in the 2013 edition of the record book.
“He has created a new world record. He punched 329 full contact punches in one minute and it was amazing. He has done very well,” said Rinki Tomar, an official of the India Book of Records.
A cop with Assam Police, the 23-year-old athlete earlier this year ran nonstop for 156.2 km in 24 hours.
The entire region is proud of Baruah’s achievements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family