Athens Olympics 800m champion Yury Borzakovsky retires
Moscow: Yury Borzakovsky, who won gold for Russia in the men`s 800m at the 2004 Olympic Games, on Tuesday announced his retirement from competitive athletics.
"I want to announce officially the end of my sporting career," the 33-year-old, who also won gold at the 2001 world indoor championships, told the R-Sport agency.
"Now I will start work full-time as an athletics official and continue training," said Borzakovsky, who withdrew from the 2014 Russian championships because of injury.
Borzakovsky has won 11 domestic 800m gold medals between 1999-2009, and three European titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference