Athens Olympics 800m champion Yury Borzakovsky retires
Moscow: Yury Borzakovsky, who won gold for Russia in the men`s 800m at the 2004 Olympic Games, on Tuesday announced his retirement from competitive athletics.
"I want to announce officially the end of my sporting career," the 33-year-old, who also won gold at the 2001 world indoor championships, told the R-Sport agency.
"Now I will start work full-time as an athletics official and continue training," said Borzakovsky, who withdrew from the 2014 Russian championships because of injury.
Borzakovsky has won 11 domestic 800m gold medals between 1999-2009, and three European titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves