Aussie TV reporter claims bringing explosives into CWG venue
Melbourne: An Australian TV channel has
claimed that its crew got past security personnel and entered
the Commonwealth Games village with crude explosives bought in
New Delhi a few days ago, raising questions over safety at the
Channel 7 journalist Mike Duffy claimed that he walked
into one of the Games venues with a case of explosive which
could have triggered explosions if fitted with a detonator.
The video footage put up in a website called 3news.co.nz
showed Duffy secretly filming the purchase of the case from
the boot of a car in New Delhi.
The video also showed how Duffy was even given a
demonstration by the vendors.
"If I need to blow up this car, all I need further is a
detonator and explosive," the vendor told Duffy in the video.
Duffy claimed that he was easily able to buy the items,
including ammonium nitrate and explosives used for mining, in
New Delhi, which is scheduled to host the Commonwealth Games
from October 3 to 14.
"We found that without too much trouble one can purchase
these explosives and equipment on the streets of New Delhi. At
the mining areas, they sell it almost alongside groceries," he
said in the news footage in the website.
On Sunday, two Taiwanese nationals were injured when two
motor-cycle borne attackers fired at a bus carrying foreign
tourists outside Jama Masjid, raising fresh concerns about
security in the wake of the Delhi Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!