Aussie TV reporter claims bringing explosives into CWG venue
Melbourne: An Australian TV channel has
claimed that its crew got past security personnel and entered
the Commonwealth Games village with crude explosives bought in
New Delhi a few days ago, raising questions over safety at the
Channel 7 journalist Mike Duffy claimed that he walked
into one of the Games venues with a case of explosive which
could have triggered explosions if fitted with a detonator.
The video footage put up in a website called 3news.co.nz
showed Duffy secretly filming the purchase of the case from
the boot of a car in New Delhi.
The video also showed how Duffy was even given a
demonstration by the vendors.
"If I need to blow up this car, all I need further is a
detonator and explosive," the vendor told Duffy in the video.
Duffy claimed that he was easily able to buy the items,
including ammonium nitrate and explosives used for mining, in
New Delhi, which is scheduled to host the Commonwealth Games
from October 3 to 14.
"We found that without too much trouble one can purchase
these explosives and equipment on the streets of New Delhi. At
the mining areas, they sell it almost alongside groceries," he
said in the news footage in the website.
On Sunday, two Taiwanese nationals were injured when two
motor-cycle borne attackers fired at a bus carrying foreign
tourists outside Jama Masjid, raising fresh concerns about
security in the wake of the Delhi Games.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India