Australian boxer Mundine wins WBA title fight
Sydney: Australian boxer Anthony Mundine scored a sixth-round technical knockout win over American superstar Shane Mosley in Wednesday`s World Boxing Association (WBA) international title here, media reported.
Mundine won the super welter weight title fight at the Sydney Super Dome, reported Xinhua.
Mosley, 42, retired just ahead of the seventh round due to severe back spasms.
Mundine, 38, was well above Mosley before the American pulled out after the sixth round.
"My heart goes out to Shane. I know he`s a winner. He`s not one to pull out for nothing. He`s one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived," Mundine said after the win.
The victory secured Mundine the vacant WBA international super welter weight title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez