Australian boxer Mundine wins WBA title fight
Sydney: Australian boxer Anthony Mundine scored a sixth-round technical knockout win over American superstar Shane Mosley in Wednesday`s World Boxing Association (WBA) international title here, media reported.
Mundine won the super welter weight title fight at the Sydney Super Dome, reported Xinhua.
Mosley, 42, retired just ahead of the seventh round due to severe back spasms.
Mundine, 38, was well above Mosley before the American pulled out after the sixth round.
"My heart goes out to Shane. I know he`s a winner. He`s not one to pull out for nothing. He`s one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived," Mundine said after the win.
The victory secured Mundine the vacant WBA international super welter weight title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city