Australian boxer Mundine wins WBA title fight
Sydney: Australian boxer Anthony Mundine scored a sixth-round technical knockout win over American superstar Shane Mosley in Wednesday`s World Boxing Association (WBA) international title here, media reported.
Mundine won the super welter weight title fight at the Sydney Super Dome, reported Xinhua.
Mosley, 42, retired just ahead of the seventh round due to severe back spasms.
Mundine, 38, was well above Mosley before the American pulled out after the sixth round.
"My heart goes out to Shane. I know he`s a winner. He`s not one to pull out for nothing. He`s one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived," Mundine said after the win.
The victory secured Mundine the vacant WBA international super welter weight title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months