Australian boxer Mundine wins WBA title fight
Sydney: Australian boxer Anthony Mundine scored a sixth-round technical knockout win over American superstar Shane Mosley in Wednesday`s World Boxing Association (WBA) international title here, media reported.
Mundine won the super welterweight title fight at the Sydney Super Dome, reported Xinhua.
Mosley, 42, retired just ahead of the seventh round due to severe back spasms.
Mundine, 38, was well above Mosley before the American pulled out after the sixth round.
"My heart goes out to Shane. I know he`s winner. He`s not one to pull out for nothing. He`s one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived," Mundine said after the win.
The victory secured Mundine the vacant WBA international super welterweight title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Russia unfazed as US lifts ban on arms sales to Vietnam
- BJP, AAP spar over funding of rallies in Goa
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts