Australian boxer Mundine wins WBA title fight
Sydney: Australian boxer Anthony Mundine scored a sixth-round technical knockout win over American superstar Shane Mosley in Wednesday`s World Boxing Association (WBA) international title here, media reported.
Mundine won the super welterweight title fight at the Sydney Super Dome, reported Xinhua.
Mosley, 42, retired just ahead of the seventh round due to severe back spasms.
Mundine, 38, was well above Mosley before the American pulled out after the sixth round.
"My heart goes out to Shane. I know he`s winner. He`s not one to pull out for nothing. He`s one of the greatest fighters to have ever lived," Mundine said after the win.
The victory secured Mundine the vacant WBA international super welterweight title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad