Australian Conrath will be Indian hockey team`s new trainer
New Delhi: Hockey India is all set to appoint Australian, Jason Conrath, as the new exercise physiologist of the senior men`s national team after another Aussie, David John, refused to resume duty owing to low salary.
Conrath is Bachelor of Science in exercise and health and is currently studying masters in Gold Coast, Australia.
John was with the team in the London Olympics in which India finished 12th after failing to win a single match.
It has been learnt that John was hired on a monthly salary of USD 5500 by the Sports Authority of India last year on the recommendation of coach Michael Nobbs. There had been a significant change in the fitness level of players after his arrival. There were reports of his coming back after Nobbs joined the camp in Patiala last week.
However, Hockey India`s secretary general Narinder Batra has confirmed that John will not come back.
"John has refused to come, so we have appointed another Australian Jason Conrath as the new trainer for the team," he told PTI.
"We have sent him the contract yesterday and after receiving that he will apply for the visa. I hope that he will join the team before 15th November."
Batra also said that it was Nobbs who had suggested Conrath`s name to HI.
"It is only after coach`s recommendations any support staff is appointed. Nobbs has suggested Conrath`s name and we found him eligible for the job."
India will take part in the Lanco International Super Series at Perth from November 22 to 25, which will also feature England, Australia and Pakistan.
The Lanco Series will be followed by the FIH Champions Trophy at the State Netball Hockey Centre in Melbourne from December 1 to 9. India are placed in Pool A alongside England, Germany and New Zealand, while hosts Australia, Belgium, Netherlands and Pakistan are in Pool B.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo