Azlan Shah Cup: India beat Pakistan 3-1 in crucial encounter
Zeenews Sports Bureau
India beat Pakistan 3-1 in a crucial match of the Sultan Azlan Shah cup to keep their hopes alive in the tournament.
For India Akashdeep Singh and Rupinder Pal Singh scored the first two goals in the first half which India led by 2-1.
Mandeep Singh then scored the last goal for India in the 57th minute of the match.
The solitary goal from Pakistan came from Md Waqas who scored the first goal of the match.
It's a tremendous performance from a spirited Indian side as they came from 0-1 down to win the match 3-1.
The hero of the Indian team was their goalkeeper PR Sreejesh who made several tough saves to deny Pakistan not more than one goal.
Indian goalkeeper PR Sreejesh made another brilliant save to deny Pakistan a goal through penalty corner and make a comeback into the match. India are holding on their 3-1 lead.
Rookie Mandep Singh scored the 3rd goal for India in the 22th minute of the second half. India are leading by 3-1 over Pakistan in a must win match of the Azlan Shah Cup.
Pakistan got a penalty corner in the 18th minute of the second half but they failed to score. India are still leading 2-1.
India are still leading 2-1 against Pakistan after 10 minutes into the second half. Pakistan are trying very hard to equalise but till now they are not successful in scoring a goal.
India lead 2-1 against Pakistan at the half time in a league match of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia.
For India, Akashdeep Singh and Rupinder Pal Singh scored the goals. The solitary goal from Pakistan came from Md Waqas.
It’s a must win match for India as they lost their first two matches against South Korea and Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!
- Shocking: DFO owns luxurious swimming pool as Sukma craves for water
- SC to hear plea seeking water supply ban to Maharashtra breweries