B Sai Praneeth loses in quarters of Russia Open
New Delhi: Young Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth suffered a straight-game loss against second seed Vladimir Malkov in the quarterfinals of the Russia Grand Prix in Vladivostok on Friday.
The Sixth seeded Indian fought hard before going down 21-23 17-21 to Malkov in a 42-minute men`s singles competition at the Sport Hall.
Praneeth had defeated local player Stanislav Pukhov 21-13 21-4 in the round of 16, while he got a bye and a walkover in the first two rounds respectively.
Praneeth was left to do the catching up job right from the start after Malkov opened up a 4-1 lead early on in the match.
The Indian managed to claw back at 18-18 after a five-point brust. But Malkov staved off the challenge to pocket the first game.
In the second game, Praneeth once again fought hard to make it 14-13 after lagging behind 8-13 but Malkov kept his nose ahead to reach the next round.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India