B Sai Praneeth loses in quarters of Russia Open
New Delhi: Young Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth suffered a straight-game loss against second seed Vladimir Malkov in the quarterfinals of the Russia Grand Prix in Vladivostok on Friday.
The Sixth seeded Indian fought hard before going down 21-23 17-21 to Malkov in a 42-minute men`s singles competition at the Sport Hall.
Praneeth had defeated local player Stanislav Pukhov 21-13 21-4 in the round of 16, while he got a bye and a walkover in the first two rounds respectively.
Praneeth was left to do the catching up job right from the start after Malkov opened up a 4-1 lead early on in the match.
The Indian managed to claw back at 18-18 after a five-point brust. But Malkov staved off the challenge to pocket the first game.
In the second game, Praneeth once again fought hard to make it 14-13 after lagging behind 8-13 but Malkov kept his nose ahead to reach the next round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!
- Shock waves across Chennai as another person hacked to death in Nandanam area
- Deepika Padukone has a 'teddy bear' in Hollywood! Who is he?