B Sai Praneeth loses in quarters of Russia Open
New Delhi: Young Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth suffered a straight-game loss against second seed Vladimir Malkov in the quarterfinals of the Russia Grand Prix in Vladivostok on Friday.
The Sixth seeded Indian fought hard before going down 21-23 17-21 to Malkov in a 42-minute men`s singles competition at the Sport Hall.
Praneeth had defeated local player Stanislav Pukhov 21-13 21-4 in the round of 16, while he got a bye and a walkover in the first two rounds respectively.
Praneeth was left to do the catching up job right from the start after Malkov opened up a 4-1 lead early on in the match.
The Indian managed to claw back at 18-18 after a five-point brust. But Malkov staved off the challenge to pocket the first game.
In the second game, Praneeth once again fought hard to make it 14-13 after lagging behind 8-13 but Malkov kept his nose ahead to reach the next round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested