B Sai Praneeth loses in quarters of Russia Open
New Delhi: Young Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth suffered a straight-game loss against second seed Vladimir Malkov in the quarterfinals of the Russia Grand Prix in Vladivostok on Friday.
The Sixth seeded Indian fought hard before going down 21-23 17-21 to Malkov in a 42-minute men`s singles competition at the Sport Hall.
Praneeth had defeated local player Stanislav Pukhov 21-13 21-4 in the round of 16, while he got a bye and a walkover in the first two rounds respectively.
Praneeth was left to do the catching up job right from the start after Malkov opened up a 4-1 lead early on in the match.
The Indian managed to claw back at 18-18 after a five-point brust. But Malkov staved off the challenge to pocket the first game.
In the second game, Praneeth once again fought hard to make it 14-13 after lagging behind 8-13 but Malkov kept his nose ahead to reach the next round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey
- Lifestyle, self-care, diet tips to deal with asthma!
- Rayudu vs Harbhajan, Kohli vs Gambhir – Watch the biggest fights from the Indian Premier League