Bachendri Pal recieves Virangana Lakshmibai Rashtriya Samman
New Delhi: Bachendri Pal, the first Indian woman to scale Mt Everest, has been conferred with `Virangana Lakshmibai Rashtriya Samman` by the Madhya Pradesh government for her contribution in women`s upliftment in the country.
Pal was felicitated with the award for her `Personal Achievement in Adventure Sports and Women`s Upliftment in the country` by Minister of Culture in the Madhya Pradesh government Lakshmikant Sharma at a function held in Gwalior on June 18.
As the Chief of Tata Steel Adventure Foundation, Pal has been involved in promoting adventure activities, including mountaineering among enthusiasts.
The programme was organised by the state government under the aegis of `Swaraj Sansthan Sanchalanalay Bhopal`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state