Bachendri Pal recieves Virangana Lakshmibai Rashtriya Samman
New Delhi: Bachendri Pal, the first Indian woman to scale Mt Everest, has been conferred with `Virangana Lakshmibai Rashtriya Samman` by the Madhya Pradesh government for her contribution in women`s upliftment in the country.
Pal was felicitated with the award for her `Personal Achievement in Adventure Sports and Women`s Upliftment in the country` by Minister of Culture in the Madhya Pradesh government Lakshmikant Sharma at a function held in Gwalior on June 18.
As the Chief of Tata Steel Adventure Foundation, Pal has been involved in promoting adventure activities, including mountaineering among enthusiasts.
The programme was organised by the state government under the aegis of `Swaraj Sansthan Sanchalanalay Bhopal`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown