Badminton comes first for Sindhu
Lucknow: Such is Indian shuttler P.V. Sindhu`s passion for the sport that she will miss her sister`s wedding as she is playing in the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold here.
The 17-year-old reached her maiden final of a tier three event here at the Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium after the second seed beat third seed Sapsiree Taerattanachai of Thailand 21-12, 21-14.
"Yeah I will be missing her wedding. I can`t help it now having reached the final," said Sindhu smilingly, whose elder sister P. Divya is getting married Saturday in Hyderabad.
"I will try to win the tournament and give it as a gift to her."
The World No.24 will play seventh seed Lindaweni Fanetri of Indonesia in the final Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand