Badminton comes first for Sindhu
Lucknow: Such is Indian shuttler P.V. Sindhu`s passion for the sport that she will miss her sister`s wedding as she is playing in the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold here.
The 17-year-old reached her maiden final of a tier three event here at the Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium after the second seed beat third seed Sapsiree Taerattanachai of Thailand 21-12, 21-14.
"Yeah I will be missing her wedding. I can`t help it now having reached the final," said Sindhu smilingly, whose elder sister P. Divya is getting married Saturday in Hyderabad.
"I will try to win the tournament and give it as a gift to her."
The World No.24 will play seventh seed Lindaweni Fanetri of Indonesia in the final Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!