Badminton comes first for Sindhu
Lucknow: Such is Indian shuttler P.V. Sindhu`s passion for the sport that she will miss her sister`s wedding as she is playing in the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold here.
The 17-year-old reached her maiden final of a tier three event here at the Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium after the second seed beat third seed Sapsiree Taerattanachai of Thailand 21-12, 21-14.
"Yeah I will be missing her wedding. I can`t help it now having reached the final," said Sindhu smilingly, whose elder sister P. Divya is getting married Saturday in Hyderabad.
"I will try to win the tournament and give it as a gift to her."
The World No.24 will play seventh seed Lindaweni Fanetri of Indonesia in the final Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH