Badminton comes first for Sindhu
Lucknow: Such is Indian shuttler P.V. Sindhu`s passion for the sport that she will miss her sister`s wedding as she is playing in the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold here.
The 17-year-old reached her maiden final of a tier three event here at the Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium after the second seed beat third seed Sapsiree Taerattanachai of Thailand 21-12, 21-14.
"Yeah I will be missing her wedding. I can`t help it now having reached the final," said Sindhu smilingly, whose elder sister P. Divya is getting married Saturday in Hyderabad.
"I will try to win the tournament and give it as a gift to her."
The World No.24 will play seventh seed Lindaweni Fanetri of Indonesia in the final Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town