Baisya re-elected as IWLF chief, Chandrahas Rai Secy Gen
Guwahati: Birendra Prasad Baisya was on Saturday re-elected unopposed as president of Indian Weightlifting Federation for his second term during its Annual General Body meeting here.
Baisya, also a Member of Parliament, was the only contestant for the top job.
D Chandrahas Rai of Karnataka was elected as Secretary General in the only contest of the day, defeating Sunil Elangbam of Manipur 27-20 in the voting through secret ballot.
Mahesh Shivdas Lohar of Maharashtra was elected unopposed as the treasurer while Santosh Arun Siwhasane became secretary uncontested.
Returning officer Uddhab Ch Rabha, retired District and Sessions Judge, conducted the polls.
Outgoing secretary general Sahdev Yadav, Abraham Techi, Ratan Lal Sharma, G R Beig, B Venkat Ramaiah, Narayan Sahu, Bhabojyoti Goswami, K Subramanya, Paramjit Singh and G Gunasekaran were the 10 vice-presidents elected unopposed.
The joint secretaries are Jayesh C Nayak, Devesh Ch Roy and Madan Lal Salvi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her