Ban on IOA gives an opportunity to clean the mess: Randhir
New Delhi: Former IOA secretary general Randhir Singh on Tuesday said that the IOC`s decision to ban the Indian Olympic Association gives an "opportunity" to clean the mess, and insisted that the international body is not against the country but against the system.
"The mess that is happening today in the Olympic committee needs to be cleaned up. I think what we are heading for now with this suspension is that it gives an opportunity to clean the mess," Randhir said.
"Let me tell you IOC is not anti-India, it is against the system," he added.
He said the focus should be on the sportspersons.
"Let`s focus on India. The sportsperson is more important than anybody and to the Olympic movement than to any office bearer.
"We are there for the sportsmen. The administrators must understand that prime person is the sportsperson. He has to be respected and honoured, and not us," the veteran sports administrator added.
Asked about newly-elected IOA president Abhay Singh Chautala`s comment that Radhir was resposible for the mess in the sports body, the latter said, "I don`t like to discuss anybody. For me fighting for the post doesn`t matter. I will move away, tell him also to move away. Let us resign, let us say he is no more.
"He is proclaiming himself as the IOA president on what basis. On an election which the international committee doesn`t approve to," he said.
"You have been told that you can`t hold this election, and if you hold you are not going to be recognised then which presidentship is he talking about. Which governing body or election is he talking about who are going to pass a resolution against me. It doesn`t matter, India is suspended. he should wake up, it`s all over," he added.
Randhir suggested that the mess could be cleaned up if the government, IOC and IOA sit together and sort out the matter.
"The IOA has to have the will."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM