Barabati to host Asian Baseball championship
Cuttack (Odisha): Sport lovers in Odisha have an opportunity to witness an international baseball event when the state plays host to the 7th Asian Baseball Championship (Under-15) for Boys at the Barabati stadium here from November 5-11.
Altogether eight top ranking countries in Asia -Japan, Korea, China, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Pakistan besides hosts India - would participate in the week-long championship being organised in the state for the first time, secretary general of Baseball Federation of Asia (BSA) Sang-Hyun-Lee said.
The event assumed significance in view of dominance of Asian countries in the world baseball mega events.
In the Barcelona Olympics though Cuba snatched the gold medal, Japan and Chinese Taipei had bagged silver and bronze medals respectively.
Expressing satisfaction over the infrastructure and other facilities at the Barabati stadium, Lee exuded confidence that the championship would be conducted smoothly.
"The baseball championship will be a great success in Odisha", he said.
Secretary of Baseball Association of Odisha Sivananda Pradhan said a budget of Rs one crore has been estimated for successful organisation of the event being organised jointly by Amateur Baseball Federation of India and OBA.
Secretary General of Amateur Baseball Federation of India P C Bharadwaj accompanied Lee during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what