Batra, Anand included in IOA delegation for Lausanne meeting
New Delhi: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) delegation for the crucial meeting with International Olympic Council (IOC) on bringing India back into the Olympic movement, will now include Hockey India general secretary Narinder Batra and Jharkhand Olympic Association president R K Anand.
The meeting that is supposed to be held in Lausanne, Switzerland on May 15 will feature six delegates from the IOA.
Apart from Batra and Anand,the other members of the delegation are IOA`s acting president V K Malhotra, Tarlochan Singh, S Reghunathan and N Ramachandran.
The IOC in a letter today confirmed about Batra and Anand`s names being inducted for the meeting.
"The IOC hereby takes note of the composition of your respective delegations as indicated by Mr Deb and by Mr Malhotra, respectively. In addition the IOC has considered the request from a significant number of national sports federations to include also the names of Mr Batra (Hockey) and Mr Anand (Weightlifting)," J?r?me Poivey, Head of Institutional Relations and Governance, NOC Relations Department was quoted as saying in the letter.
In fact by the content of the letter, it was clear that IOC was ready to accomodate different points of view on this serious issue after the suspended Abhay Chautala faction had written to the IOC requesting that Batra and Anand`s names be included in the Lausanne-bound delegation.
The letter quotes Poivey saying,"In order to give a reasonable opportunity for the different views of the national federations members of the suspended IOA to be expressed and heard, we wish to inform you that the IOC decided to accept these two additional persons and welcome them to join our meeting on 15 May."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says