Batra appointed to FIH Competitions Committee for second term
New Delhi: Hockey India secretary general, Narinder Batra has been appointed as a member of the Competitions Committee of International Hockey Federation (FIH) for a second consective term.
The changes to the Committees were approved at the last Executive Board meeting of FIH held in Lausanne, earlier this month.
FIH President Leandro Negre thanked all the new members for their dedication towards hockey and also the outgoing committee members for their services.
"Our Committees are at the core of the FIH and the work they do is vital to the success of the FIH and international hockey. I am pleased with the new make-up of our Committees and know that all of the members will work hard to continue to move our sport forward," said Negre.
Batra thanked Negre for his appointment and said it`s an honour to be part of the Competitions Committee.
"It`s an honour for me to be part of the prestigious FIH Competitions Committee for the second consecutive term and it would be my endeavor to look after the interest of players and give my best efforts to promote the game of hockey at all levels," he said.
Along with the Competitions Committee, FIH President Negre also announced four other Committees, two Commissions and three Advisory Panels for 2013-14 term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter