Batra elected as vice-president of the Asian Hockey Federation
New Delhi: Hockey India secretary general Narinder Batra has been elected as the Vice President of the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) at its recent Congress held at Kuala Lumpur.
Batra polled the second highest number of votes among the eleven candidates in the fray for Vice President last Sunday and will hold office till 2014.
The sitting AHF President Sultan Azlan Shah, Secretary General P Alagendra and Treasurer Fumio Ogura were elected unopposed, a Hockey India release said.
The AHF Vice Presidents elected are:
1. Muneyoshi Ueda - Japan
2. Narinder Batra - India
3. Chaiyapak Siriwat - Thailand
4. Qasim Zia - Pakistan
5. Hong Moon Pyo - Korea (By virtue of reservation made for host country of next Asian Games as per AHF constitution)
6. Mrs. Shin Jung Hee - Korea (Women Representative).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees