Batra elected as vice-president of the Asian Hockey Federation
New Delhi: Hockey India secretary general Narinder Batra has been elected as the Vice President of the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) at its recent Congress held at Kuala Lumpur.
Batra polled the second highest number of votes among the eleven candidates in the fray for Vice President last Sunday and will hold office till 2014.
The sitting AHF President Sultan Azlan Shah, Secretary General P Alagendra and Treasurer Fumio Ogura were elected unopposed, a Hockey India release said.
The AHF Vice Presidents elected are:
1. Muneyoshi Ueda - Japan
2. Narinder Batra - India
3. Chaiyapak Siriwat - Thailand
4. Qasim Zia - Pakistan
5. Hong Moon Pyo - Korea (By virtue of reservation made for host country of next Asian Games as per AHF constitution)
6. Mrs. Shin Jung Hee - Korea (Women Representative).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city