Batra elected as vice-president of the Asian Hockey Federation
New Delhi: Hockey India secretary general Narinder Batra has been elected as the Vice President of the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) at its recent Congress held at Kuala Lumpur.
Batra polled the second highest number of votes among the eleven candidates in the fray for Vice President last Sunday and will hold office till 2014.
The sitting AHF President Sultan Azlan Shah, Secretary General P Alagendra and Treasurer Fumio Ogura were elected unopposed, a Hockey India release said.
The AHF Vice Presidents elected are:
1. Muneyoshi Ueda - Japan
2. Narinder Batra - India
3. Chaiyapak Siriwat - Thailand
4. Qasim Zia - Pakistan
5. Hong Moon Pyo - Korea (By virtue of reservation made for host country of next Asian Games as per AHF constitution)
6. Mrs. Shin Jung Hee - Korea (Women Representative).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory