Batra elected as vice-president of the Asian Hockey Federation
New Delhi: Hockey India secretary general Narinder Batra has been elected as the Vice President of the Asian Hockey Federation (AHF) at its recent Congress held at Kuala Lumpur.
Batra polled the second highest number of votes among the eleven candidates in the fray for Vice President last Sunday and will hold office till 2014.
The sitting AHF President Sultan Azlan Shah, Secretary General P Alagendra and Treasurer Fumio Ogura were elected unopposed, a Hockey India release said.
The AHF Vice Presidents elected are:
1. Muneyoshi Ueda - Japan
2. Narinder Batra - India
3. Chaiyapak Siriwat - Thailand
4. Qasim Zia - Pakistan
5. Hong Moon Pyo - Korea (By virtue of reservation made for host country of next Asian Games as per AHF constitution)
6. Mrs. Shin Jung Hee - Korea (Women Representative).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies