BCCI condoles passing away of Deshmukh
New Delhi: The BCCI today condoled the death of union minister and Mumbai Cricket Association president Vilasrao Deshmukh, saying his demise was a big loss for it.
Deshmukh was also chairman of the BCCI`s Media Committee before he died today at a Chennai hospital where he was undergoing treatment for a serious liver ailment.
"Vilasrao Deshmukh was an excellent administrator. He was very fond of cricket, and a regular at cricket matches played in Mumbai. He was part of the Mumbai Cricket Association for several years, and was elected President of the Mumbai Cricket Association last year. He was Chairman of the BCCI`s Media Committee since last September," BCCI President N Srinivasan said in a statement.
"This is a big loss for the Board. I would like to express my heartfelt condolences to his family. May his soul rest in peace," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set