BCCI condoles passing away of Deshmukh
New Delhi: The BCCI today condoled the death of union minister and Mumbai Cricket Association president Vilasrao Deshmukh, saying his demise was a big loss for it.
Deshmukh was also chairman of the BCCI`s Media Committee before he died today at a Chennai hospital where he was undergoing treatment for a serious liver ailment.
"Vilasrao Deshmukh was an excellent administrator. He was very fond of cricket, and a regular at cricket matches played in Mumbai. He was part of the Mumbai Cricket Association for several years, and was elected President of the Mumbai Cricket Association last year. He was Chairman of the BCCI`s Media Committee since last September," BCCI President N Srinivasan said in a statement.
"This is a big loss for the Board. I would like to express my heartfelt condolences to his family. May his soul rest in peace," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'