Behram, Tosha win gold in 6th Karate-Do World Championship
Mumbai: India`s Behram Kapadia and Toysha Khatau were star performers of the day, winning gold medals in their respective categories on the concluding day of the 6th Karate-Do Gojukai World Championship at the NSCI`s Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel stadium here.
Behram dominated the boys` below 15 years and 70 kg and above category in individual `kumite` technique.
Local boy Behram, a ninth standard school student defeated England`s James Murphy 5-2 in the final by displaying good attacking skills.
South Africa`s Dewacdt Van Rooi and David Caubscher won the bronze medal.
In the girls` below 15 years and above 54 kg category, tall Toysha Khatau, also from the same Cathedral and John Cannon High School, won the gold medal.
Toysha overpowered all her opponents to gain maximum points and secure a gold for the host country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police