Beijing to host international triathlon race
Beijing: IMG Worldwide, the global sports, fashion and media company, in partnership with the Fengtai Sports Bureau of Beijing, will host the 2013 Beijing International Triathlon Sep 21, at Qinglong Lake Park, in the Fengtai District of Beijing.
Following a successful first year, top triathletes from around the world will descend here to compete in this second annual Olympic distance triathlon.
The race will also expand the exclusive pro invite for 2013, drawing an elite field including 2012 Olympic silver medallist Javier Gomez from Spain, Olympian Sarah Groff from the United States and many more. The group of professional triathletes will compete for USD 100,000 in prize money.
"One of the greatest joys of being a triathlete is the incredible places racing takes us, and Beijing is, without question, one of the most incredible places I`ve ever raced [at]," said 2012 Beijing International Triathlon champion and Olympian Sarah Groff.
"The Beijing International Triathlon has everything I could ever want from a destination race - exotic locale, a beautiful and challenging race course and amazing fans and volunteer support. From the moment I arrived, to long after crossing the finish line, the Fengtai district extended the warmest, most hospitable welcome I could have imagined."
This triathlon is part of the Escape to Alcatraz Triathlon Series, and the only qualifying event in Asia for the iconic Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. Coveted race slots for the infamous and gruelling 2014 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon will be awarded to the top 50 men and women across each group and division of this new race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble