Bengal govt to felicitate Anand on July 12
Kolkata: West Bengal government will felicitate grandmaster Viswanathan Anand on July 12 for winning the World Chess Championship, defeating Israel`s Boris Gelfand in Moscow.
"We have arranged the programme to felicitate Indian Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand for his landmark success recently," state`s Sports Minister Madan Mitra said here on Monday.
"Anand has accepted the invitation and will be here with his family," he said.
Anand showed immense resilience to beat Gelfand in a tense rapid chess tie-breaker to win the World Chess Championship crown for the fifth time -- fourth in a row -- in Moscow recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more