Bengal govt to felicitate Anand on July 12
Kolkata: West Bengal government will felicitate grandmaster Viswanathan Anand on July 12 for winning the World Chess Championship, defeating Israel`s Boris Gelfand in Moscow.
"We have arranged the programme to felicitate Indian Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand for his landmark success recently," state`s Sports Minister Madan Mitra said here on Monday.
"Anand has accepted the invitation and will be here with his family," he said.
Anand showed immense resilience to beat Gelfand in a tense rapid chess tie-breaker to win the World Chess Championship crown for the fifth time -- fourth in a row -- in Moscow recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state