Bengal to introduce `Khel Ratna` and `Khel Bibhusan` soon
Kolkata: West Bengal government will soon introduce `Khel Ratna` and `Khel Bibhusan` to honour eminent sports personalities in the state, Sports Minister Madan Mitra said here on Tuesday.
"The decision has been taken by West Bengal Sports Council, an apex body of sports in the state," Mitra said.
"The state has many star sports personalities who need to be honoured. Recognition to these sports personalities will also encourage the juniors," the minister added.
India`s 32nd Grandmaster Saptarshi Roy Chowdhury, accompanied by Dibyendu Barua, met the minister during the day.
The state government would felicitate Saptarshi at a function soon, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?