BFI CEO Harish Sharma passes away at 53
New Delhi: Harish Sharma, the Chief Executive Officer of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI), passed away on Friday.
He was 53 years old.
"The BFI mourns his death and pays condolences to Sharma`s family and close friends. His influence on the game of basketball in India will be irreplaceable," BFI said in its condolence message through a press release.
Born on December 28, 1958, Sharma was also a former basketball player and represented the Indian National Basketball team in the 70s.
He was appointed as Secretary-General of the BFI 11 years ago and served as BFI’s CEO for one year. Sharma was also the Secretary-General of FIBA Middle-Asia Zone and the Secretary of the Delhi Basketball Association.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan