BFI CEO Harish Sharma passes away at 53
New Delhi: Harish Sharma, the Chief Executive Officer of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI), passed away on Friday.
He was 53 years old.
"The BFI mourns his death and pays condolences to Sharma`s family and close friends. His influence on the game of basketball in India will be irreplaceable," BFI said in its condolence message through a press release.
Born on December 28, 1958, Sharma was also a former basketball player and represented the Indian National Basketball team in the 70s.
He was appointed as Secretary-General of the BFI 11 years ago and served as BFI’s CEO for one year. Sharma was also the Secretary-General of FIBA Middle-Asia Zone and the Secretary of the Delhi Basketball Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi