Bhanot attends IOA General Body Meeting
New Delhi: Former secretary-general of the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Lalit Bhanot today attended an Indian Olympic Association meeting, for the first time since being released on bail in January.
Bhanot, an IOA joint secretary, was arrested in February last year for alleged financial irregularities in organising the Commonwealth Games.
He attended a special GBM of the IOA called to amend the Constitution and take a decision on the hosting of South Asian Games early next year.
IOA president Suresh Kalmadi, who was also released on bail earlier this year in connection with the Commonwealth Games scam, stayed away from the GBM. He had earlier written to the acting president Vijay Kumar Malhotra that he would stay away from the proceedings of the IOA.
In April, Bhanot attended AFI`s AGM as a delegate of the Delhi Athletics Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16