Bharat Ratna for sportspersons?
New Delhi: The government is considering a proposal to make sport a category for awarding the Bharat Ratna.
Minister of State for Home M. Ramachandran told the Lok Sabha that Bharat Ratna was awarded for exceptional services in arts, literature and science, and in recognition of public services of the highest order.
"A suggestion regarding modification in the existing eligibility norms has been received and is under consideration of the government," he said in a written statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof