Bhutia for improving football standard in North East
Guwahati: Ace footballer Baichung Bhutia has evinced keen interest in promoting the sport in the north eastern region by training the local talent.
"There are exciting talents in Manipur, Mizoram Meghalaya and Assam and they can reach international standard with proper planning and required infrastructure," the former India captain told reporters here last night.
Bhutia, who was here at the invitation of the Assam Football Association, supported the idea of setting up a football academy in the region.
"The academy will have to tie up with sport clubs so that talented players can display their potential at the national level. With proper guidance these footballers can become stars," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand