Billiards Premier League set for debut
Mumbai: A neglected Indian sport, Billiards is the latest to join the bandwagon of growing Premier League`s of various games after the success of IPL in cricket.
The Billiards and Snooker Association of Maharashtra announced the inaugural Videocon Billiards Premier League to be held soon in the commercial capital of India.
After the Indian Badminton League (IBL), Hockey India League (HIL), Indian Super (football) League, Pro Kabaddi League and the announcement of Mahesh Bhupathi`s and Vijay Amritraj`s tennis leagues, Billiards also eyes the format to popularise the sport.
Formidable teams, comprising the creme de la creme of Indian billiards exponents, will feature in a nine-day extravaganza that will be held at six clubs across South Mumbai that are the hub of cue sports. The tournament has attracted the country`s star cueists who are specialists in the three-ball game.
A conference on Monday will reveal the team owners and star players while the organising committee will address the media and the team names and jersey colours will also be unveiled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir