Billiards Premier League set for debut
Mumbai: A neglected Indian sport, Billiards is the latest to join the bandwagon of growing Premier League`s of various games after the success of IPL in cricket.
The Billiards and Snooker Association of Maharashtra announced the inaugural Videocon Billiards Premier League to be held soon in the commercial capital of India.
After the Indian Badminton League (IBL), Hockey India League (HIL), Indian Super (football) League, Pro Kabaddi League and the announcement of Mahesh Bhupathi`s and Vijay Amritraj`s tennis leagues, Billiards also eyes the format to popularise the sport.
Formidable teams, comprising the creme de la creme of Indian billiards exponents, will feature in a nine-day extravaganza that will be held at six clubs across South Mumbai that are the hub of cue sports. The tournament has attracted the country`s star cueists who are specialists in the three-ball game.
A conference on Monday will reveal the team owners and star players while the organising committee will address the media and the team names and jersey colours will also be unveiled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest