Bindra meets Sports Minister ahead of joint meeting with IOC
New Delhi: Beijing Games gold medallist shooter Abhinav Bindra on Friday met Sports Minister Jitendra Singh here in connection with his participation in the joint meeting with the IOC on May 15 to find a way for India`s return to the Olympic movement.
On invitation by the government, Bindra will represent the athletes in the meeting among the representatives of the Indian Olympic Association, Sports Ministry and the International Olympic Committee in Lausanne.
Bindra, who had a 45-minute meeting with the Sports Minister, told reporters that he was proud that he would be representing the athletes in the meeting.
"I want the Indian flag flying in the Olympic Games, it`s a great feeling. I am proud that I am representing the athletes in the meeting," said Bindra, who won a gold in 10m Air Rifle event in 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
Asked about what transpired between him and the Sports Minister, Bindra said, "We discussed about the joint meeting in general and the ways of how Indian sports can progress."
From the IOA`s side, its acting chief Vijay Kumar Malhotra will lead a four-member delegation which had other members in N Ramachandran, Tarlochan Singh and S Raghunathan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list