Bolt among 29 Olympians for London Diamond League
Kingston: Usain Bolt is among 29 London Olympics medallists who have so far been confirmed for the IAAF Diamond League meeting in London this weekend.
The IAAF says Bolt will compete in the 100m on Friday evening and in the 4x100m on Saturday afternoon in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The Jamaican sprinter will compete at the London Diamond League for the first time since 2009.
“I’m looking forward to coming back to the UK, especially since winning three gold medals in the Olympic Stadium. The crowd was amazing at the Games, and I hope they will be out again in their numbers at the end of July,” Bolt said.
“I haven’t competed at the London Diamond League since 2009 but it has always been a great meet with lots of Jamaican support; it almost feels like running at home.”
The London Diamond League is the last major meeting before IAAF World Championships in Moscow, which will be held between August 10 and 18.
The IAAF also announced that St Kitts’ 2003 World champion Kim Collins, will run against Bolt in the 100M.
“To have the opportunity a year on to run in the stadium is something that I’m really grateful for. The support I get from the British crowds every year is incredible,” said Collins, who is 11 years older than Bolt.
“I’m looking forward to hearing that roar when I come out on to the track in July. This is my Olympic final, and I’m going to take full advantage of the occasion and show that, even at 37, I’m still a force to be reckoned with.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city