Bolt and Farah in running for IAAF award
Paris: World and Olympic champions Usain Bolt of Jamaica and Mohamed Farah of Britain have both been named among those on the 10-man shortlist for the IAAF 2013 World Athlete of the Year Award.
Both men starred at the recent World Athletics Championships in Moscow where Bolt won gold in the 100 and 200 metres and Farah clinched a rare 5,000-10,000 metres double.
The women`s shortlist has top Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce as well as Ethiopian long-distance stars Meseret Defar and Tirunesh Dibaba.
The shortlist will be cut back to just three after a voting process and the winners will be announced by the IAAF at a ceremony on November 16.
Candidates for the World Athlete of the Year Award:-
Mohammed Aman (ETH)
Usain Bolt (JAM)
Bohdan Bondarenko (UKR)
Ashton Eaton (USA)
Mohamed Farah (GBR)
Robert Harting (GER)
Wilson Kipsang (KEN)
Aleksandr Menkov (RUS)
LaShawn Merritt (USA)
Teddy Tamgho (FRA)
Valerie Adams (NZL)
Abeba Aregawi (SWE)
Meseret Defar (ETH)
Tirunesh Dibaba (ETH)
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM)
Zuzana Hejnova (CZE)
Caterine Ibarg?en (COL)
Sandra Perkovic (CRO)
Brianna Rollins (USA)
Svetlana Shkolina (RUS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1