Bolt and Farah in running for IAAF award
Paris: World and Olympic champions Usain Bolt of Jamaica and Mohamed Farah of Britain have both been named among those on the 10-man shortlist for the IAAF 2013 World Athlete of the Year Award.
Both men starred at the recent World Athletics Championships in Moscow where Bolt won gold in the 100 and 200 metres and Farah clinched a rare 5,000-10,000 metres double.
The women`s shortlist has top Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce as well as Ethiopian long-distance stars Meseret Defar and Tirunesh Dibaba.
The shortlist will be cut back to just three after a voting process and the winners will be announced by the IAAF at a ceremony on November 16.
Candidates for the World Athlete of the Year Award:-
Mohammed Aman (ETH)
Usain Bolt (JAM)
Bohdan Bondarenko (UKR)
Ashton Eaton (USA)
Mohamed Farah (GBR)
Robert Harting (GER)
Wilson Kipsang (KEN)
Aleksandr Menkov (RUS)
LaShawn Merritt (USA)
Teddy Tamgho (FRA)
Valerie Adams (NZL)
Abeba Aregawi (SWE)
Meseret Defar (ETH)
Tirunesh Dibaba (ETH)
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM)
Zuzana Hejnova (CZE)
Caterine Ibarg?en (COL)
Sandra Perkovic (CRO)
Brianna Rollins (USA)
Svetlana Shkolina (RUS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what