Bolt and Farah in running for IAAF award
Paris: World and Olympic champions Usain Bolt of Jamaica and Mohamed Farah of Britain have both been named among those on the 10-man shortlist for the IAAF 2013 World Athlete of the Year Award.
Both men starred at the recent World Athletics Championships in Moscow where Bolt won gold in the 100 and 200 metres and Farah clinched a rare 5,000-10,000 metres double.
The women`s shortlist has top Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce as well as Ethiopian long-distance stars Meseret Defar and Tirunesh Dibaba.
The shortlist will be cut back to just three after a voting process and the winners will be announced by the IAAF at a ceremony on November 16.
Candidates for the World Athlete of the Year Award:-
Mohammed Aman (ETH)
Usain Bolt (JAM)
Bohdan Bondarenko (UKR)
Ashton Eaton (USA)
Mohamed Farah (GBR)
Robert Harting (GER)
Wilson Kipsang (KEN)
Aleksandr Menkov (RUS)
LaShawn Merritt (USA)
Teddy Tamgho (FRA)
Valerie Adams (NZL)
Abeba Aregawi (SWE)
Meseret Defar (ETH)
Tirunesh Dibaba (ETH)
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM)
Zuzana Hejnova (CZE)
Caterine Ibarg?en (COL)
Sandra Perkovic (CRO)
Brianna Rollins (USA)
Svetlana Shkolina (RUS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016