Bolt and Farah in running for IAAF award
Paris: World and Olympic champions Usain Bolt of Jamaica and Mohamed Farah of Britain have both been named among those on the 10-man shortlist for the IAAF 2013 World Athlete of the Year Award.
Both men starred at the recent World Athletics Championships in Moscow where Bolt won gold in the 100 and 200 metres and Farah clinched a rare 5,000-10,000 metres double.
The women`s shortlist has top Jamaican sprinter Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce as well as Ethiopian long-distance stars Meseret Defar and Tirunesh Dibaba.
The shortlist will be cut back to just three after a voting process and the winners will be announced by the IAAF at a ceremony on November 16.
Candidates for the World Athlete of the Year Award:-
Mohammed Aman (ETH)
Usain Bolt (JAM)
Bohdan Bondarenko (UKR)
Ashton Eaton (USA)
Mohamed Farah (GBR)
Robert Harting (GER)
Wilson Kipsang (KEN)
Aleksandr Menkov (RUS)
LaShawn Merritt (USA)
Teddy Tamgho (FRA)
Valerie Adams (NZL)
Abeba Aregawi (SWE)
Meseret Defar (ETH)
Tirunesh Dibaba (ETH)
Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM)
Zuzana Hejnova (CZE)
Caterine Ibarg?en (COL)
Sandra Perkovic (CRO)
Brianna Rollins (USA)
Svetlana Shkolina (RUS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened