Bolt breezes to take 200m in Zurich Diamond League
Geneva: London Olympics champion Usain Bolt sprinted to a comfortable 200m win in the Diamond League meeting in Zurich.
Bolt posted a meet record of 19.66 seconds as his fellow Jamaicans swept the next three spots in this men`s event Thursday.
Nickel Ashmeade who did not compete in the Olympics after only finishing fourth in the Jamaican trials, claimed second in a personal best of 19.85.
Jason Young and Olympic bronze medallist Warren Weir were third (20.08) and fourth (20.18), respectively.
Bolt, who bagged 100m, 200m and 4x100m titles in London earlier this month to repeat his feat in Beijing four years ago, said he was happy about his result in Zurich.
"Running under 20 seconds is good. I am happy to run sub-20sec but I did not want to push my body -- it`s the end of the season and I have to be careful," said the 26-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why