Bolt `focused` on Rio 150m sprint
Rio de Janeiro: Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt has vowed to push himself to the limit during Sunday`s 150m exhibition event on Rio`s Copabacana beach.
The 26-year-old surprised passers-by Friday when he trained on the famed stretch of sand and conversed with local fans.
"I don`t run 150m often but I am going to give my all," Bolt said of the race, which will be staged on a temporary track that has been custom-built on the beach.
"I hope everything goes well and that I am able to perform as planned. It`s all about keeping my focus and staying calm."
Bolt`s opponents will include Ecuador`s Alex Quinonez and Antigua`s Daniel Bailey. The latter was called up at late notice to replace Wallace Spearmon, who was reportedly forced to withdraw due to personal problems.
Saturday`s heats featuring Brazilian-only athletes will determine the last place in Sunday`s final.
Bolt, who has won six Olympic gold medals, holds the 150m world record with a mark of 14.36 seconds achieved in Manchester in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic